If you have fallen victim to a cryptocurrency scam in Australia, there are a few steps you can take to try to recover your funds:
- Contact the platform or exchange where the scam took place and report the issue to their support team.
- Report the scam to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN) and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
- If the scam involved unauthorized access to your bank account or personal information, contact your bank immediately and report the incident.
- Consider seeking legal advice to understand your options for recovering the lost funds.
There are a few organizations and services in Australia that can assist with recovery of funds lost in a cryptocurrency scam:
- Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN): ACORN is a government-run platform where you can report cybercrime, including cryptocurrency scams. Reporting the scam to ACORN can help law enforcement investigate the issue and recover your funds.
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC): The ACCC is responsible for enforcing consumer protection laws in Australia and can assist with recovery of funds lost in scams.
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS): FOS is an independent dispute resolution service for consumers and small businesses in Australia that can assist with disputes related to financial services, including those involving cryptocurrency scams.
- Law enforcement agencies: The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and state police forces can investigate cryptocurrency scams and recover stolen funds.
- Cybersecurity and recovery services: There are also specialized cybersecurity and recovery services that can assist with retrieving stolen funds. One can also take the help of those fund recovery services which are legitimate.